Conebeam and Coffee
Fundamentals of CBCT Imaging and Case Review
Presented by: Dr. Lisa Koenig, BChD, DDS, MS
8:15am - 10:00am
Dr. Koenig will discuss the basic operating principles of a typical CBCT machine and review
the frequently used terminology. Radiation dose for different fields of view will be compared
to traditional dental and medical imaging. The various position papers in the use of CBCT in
the dental specialties will be reviewed. Dr. Koenig will also review radiographic anatomy as
seen on CBCT images from the cranial base to the suprahyoid neck. The radiographic
presentation of common odontogenic lesions including periapical and pericoronal pathology,
and common non-odontogenic pathology will be discussed. Emphasis will be on the
interpretation of CBCT images, description of radiographic features and the formulation of
- Know the basic operating principles and terminology of CBCT imaging
- Understand radiation dose from the different fields of view
- Recognize anatomy and anatomical variants on CBCT images
- Recognize common pathology on CBCT images
CBCT: My Journey To Digital Enlightenment
Presented by: Kaveh Ghaboussi, DMD
10:15am - 11:45pm
Dr. Kaveh Ghaboussi will explain why he owns a cone beam system and why this technology is vital for the digital dental practice. He will show the audience diagnostic areas where cone beam is indicated, as well as clinical cases where cone beam was used. Dr. Ghaboussi will convey practice management suggestions to help guide the general practitioner to make the most of their investment.
- Discuss uses of scan appliances to aid in proper diagnosis and treatment planning, as well
as helping to facilitate guided surgical protocols for the benefit of the surgical and
restorative team members.
- Review proficiency on the digital dental workflow for best practice.